d> Customer Service: Crazy Customers: Goodbye Russia

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Goodbye Russia

A while back I talked about a guy we call Russia.
This guy is an unemployed heroine addict. He plays this game of hide and seek where he panhandles in the parking lot until we get numerous complaints about some homeless guy harassing people and then he some how knows we're coming to tell him to leave and hides in the bushes on the edge of the property where we can't say anything to him because he's technically not on the property anymore. When we go back inside he comes back and the cycle repeats.
I've talked to other cashiers at the local stores and he plays the same game with everyone.

This guy has even bothered at the local laundromat when I'm off the clock just trying to do my laundry. He tried to "help" me put my bras and panties in the dryer. Dude you're old enough to be my dad, get the fuck out of here.
He always complains about how his life is so horrible, how he's a Russian immigrant and his mom kicked him out when he was 9, how everyone is out to fuck him over, how he see's demons and ghouls but he swears he wasn't on drugs when he saw them. He just wants everyone to feel bad for him and thinks the world owes him something and he deserves handouts while not having to work for anything.

I used to feel bad for him but I don't anymore. There's a quote I love by a Japanese actress named 景子北川 - Keiko Kitagawa. On her blog she once said:

 "You're not alone in struggling alone.
The world is full of people who are struggling as you do.
Each by themselves, but not alone.
Each separate from the other, but by no means alone...

We humans may go through some tough days for a while,
and it may make me wonder if
I'm the heroine in the world's biggest tragedy,
but I'm not the only one who has it tough or has difficulties.
I was made to realize that
everyone of us has to live with their share of troubles and hardships
.
All around the world there are people who are suffering much more,
so with my troubles being minute in comparison,
are they even deserving of worry?"


Basically we all have our problems, but we aren't the only ones in the world with problems. You can either let life overwhelm you and feel sorry for yourself or you can do something and try to improve your life.

As fucked up as it sounds, one day when Russia was bothering me I thought to myself "this guy is just wasting his life feeling sorry for himself. If he's not willing to help himself why should anyone else? He's just a burden on society and the world would be better off if he just overdosed and died"

Well I found out the other night he did overdose on heroine about a week ago and he's dead now. Am I sad now that he actually is dead? No. I feel like I can walk around my neighborhood now without worrying about him bothering me.
I am sad that he wasn't able to live a better life, I'm sad for him that he let his life get as pathetic as it was.

So I guess RIP Russia. Maybe now he's in a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment