d> Customer Service: Crazy Customers: Shoplifter

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Shoplifter


I caught a girl shoplifting. I've seen her in the store a few times before. She looks like a bum. The first time she came in she was covered in bruises. It made me wonder if her boyfriend had beat her or something.  Last time she came in she brought a bunch of change and wanted cash for it.

I was walking by the aisle when I saw her trying to put a Beanie Baby in her backpack. She kind of jumped when she saw me stop and then she tried to play it off. She asked if I thought her son would like the Beanie Baby. I thought for a minute, and felt a little bad for her. I told her he would probably like it better if she paid for it. She just looked at the ground. In a nice way I said "Look I know what you were trying to do. I think it's nice that you have your son in mind but you can't just take that. I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, but don't let me catch you doing this again."

She almost broke down crying swearing to never to do it again (personally I think she probably will) then she told me how the store manager at the Stop & Shop next door called the cops because she was caught stealing baby formula. She thanked me again for not calling the cops and left.

I suppose she had good intentions At least she wasn't like the other guy who stole mouth wash and then got drunk off it by our pharmacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment