d> Customer Service: Crazy Customers: "Forgotten" cigarettes scam

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Forgotten" cigarettes scam

There's an older lady that has came in a few times in the morning claiming she 'forgot' her cigarettes at my store. She says that she already talked to my manager the day before and they said it was ok to just give her a pack.

Really? Lady how stupid do you think I am? I'm a smoker, I'm  actually smoking as I write this. If you buy a pack of cigarettes especially with how expensive they are here in Connecticut you're not going to just forget them at the store. I refused to give her a pack and she left.

A few days later she comes back with the same story but this time she has a reciept to 'prove' it. Just because you have a reciept this time doesn't mean you forgot your cigarettes here. Anyone can buy a pack and just bring the reciept back the next day when someone else is working and say they forgot them there.

Nice try lady but no dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment