d> Customer Service: Crazy Customers: "Hurteded" Feelings Part 2

Sunday, September 16, 2012

"Hurteded" Feelings Part 2

So a few days ago I talked about a customer that I guess I had "Hurteded" her feelings. This had to have been at least 3 months ago. She's waited til now though to make an issue out of it andI know I've checked her out since then without her complaining. When I put someone's card in it shows their last name. One time when I saw her's I asked if she was related to a girl I used to work at the grocery store with. Turns out she's a friend of mines mom.

If you didn't read the first post, I don't remember this incident but I guess what happened was the store phone was ringing and I answered it before checking her out. She kept repeating that I "Hurteded" her feelings. I asked if I apologized during the incident she said yes. When I apologized to her again a few nights ago she hugged me and I thought that was the end of it.

Tonight this bitch was in here again complaining to another one of my co-workers about the same incident and how she wanted to call corporate about it. I was standing in the next aisle so I heard everything she said. It was all I could do not to go over there and say something.

One question I can't get out of my head is, What the fuck is it you want from me lady?! I have apologized multiple times now! So what, you're not going to rest until you've complained to everyone I work with? I answered the phone, big fucking deal, I know that just makes me such a horrible person but Its a part of my job. What is it I have to do to make her happy?

As I write this I'm thinking of 2 things. I realize I can not argue with someone who's unreasonable. There are some people that it doesn't matter what you do, they're just not going to be happy. I guess this lady is just one of those people.
The second thing, I'm getting worked up and pissed off over something stupid, which means I'm no better than that lady. I suppose what bothers me so much is that I've apologized to her so many times now and she won't let it go. I guess if I can't let it go either I'm no better than her. So I guess all I can do is take my own advice and get the fuck over it. I've been in customer service long enough to know, while I may be pissed off now there's no sense in getting worked up over something I can't change.

So I want to know what you think! Did I do something wrong or is this lady just a crazy customer? Leave me a comment below telling me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment