d> Customer Service: Crazy Customers: "Hurteded" Feelings

Friday, September 14, 2012

"Hurteded" Feelings

I was outside on my cigarette break chatting with one of my supervisors when this lady comes up to us, points at me and says "I could have got you in trouble" I don't recognize her and have no idea what she's talking about. My supervisor and I just looked at each other confused. The lady continued, "I was in here a few months ago and the phone was ringing and you answered it instead of checking me out first. It 'hurteded' my feelings. I wanted to call the store owner but I didn't" she kept repeating herself saying I had really 'hurteded' her feelings"

Ok...

#1
when the phone is ringing and I'm the only one ringing people out its hard to do two things at once. I'm only one person, I can't help everyone at the same time.

#2
I don't know who's calling, it could have been my boss or a customer. If its a customer and I don't answer they could get pissed off and complain. So either way it seems someone is going to get pissed off because I didn't help them fast enough.

#3
I told her I didn't remember the incident (unless you're doing flaming cartwheels I'm not going to remember one customer I checked out months ago) so I asked if I said something like "I'm sorry for the wait thank you for your patience" she said that I did. Ok so I did apologize, what else do you want from me?

I apologized to the lady again, she hugged me asked if I had an extra cigarette and left. She goes from being mad at me to hugging me. My supervisor and I
were left standing there just wondering wtf had just happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment